Decoupling of horse racing would be up to the Florida Legislature, according to the terms of the Gaming Compact negotiated and executed with the Seminole Tribe of Florida that Governor Rick Scott submitted to Senate President Andy Gardiner and House Speaker Steve Crisafulli yesterday, December 7, 2015.
To view the Compact, a letter of transmittal from Florida Governor Rick Scott and a side-by-side analysis with the 2010 version, click HERE.
The Compact must now be ratified by the Florida Legislature.
Click on the headlines below to read media coverage of the deal:
▪ Florida Governor Rick Scott signs $3 billion gambling compact with Seminole Tribe
▪ Seminole Tribe’s Chairman Billie and Governor Scott call gaming compact “historic”
▪ Latvala: Rick Scott’s gaming compact with Seminole Tribe offers nothing for Tampa Bay area
Florida horsemen are gravely concerned that “decoupling” will trigger a statewide gambling avalanche, extract money out of Florida’s economy and siphon it back to Big Casinos, disabling our heretofore successful horse racing industry from competing for business with other, more horse racing-friendly states. “Decoupling” tells potential investors that “Florida is closed for business.”
NoDecoupling.com is an advocacy outreach by United Florida Horsemen, which comprises nearly 350,000 horsemen from the Florida Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association, the Florida Quarter Horse Racing Association, the Florida Quarter Horse Breeders’ and Owners’ Association, Florida Standardbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association, National Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association, American Quarter Horse Association, U.S.Trotting, the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association and Ocala Breeders’ Sales.
In Case You Missed It
* Opposition to Florida Decoupling Plan Expands, the Blood Horse Notes
• National Horsemen Warn Florida Policymakers “Decoupling” Would Cause Substantial Economic Loss
• Florida Standardbred Breeders and Owners Association Joins NoDecoupling.com
• Florida Well-Represented at Prestigious 2015 Breeders’ Cup, Thanks to Continued Live Racing Days, Competitive Purse Incentives
• Decoupling Could Kill Florida’s Horse Industry, Ocala Star-Banner Editorial Board Writes
• Meet the World-Famous Florida Horsemen Who Oppose Decoupling: The McKathan Brothers Taught Triple Crown Winner American Pharoah How to Be a Racehorse
• SNL Financial Founder Reid Nagle Voices Opposition to Florida Horse Racing Decoupling
• Read What National Horse Racing Media Has To Say About Florida’s Misguided “Decoupling” Proposal
• Florida Could “Decouple” Horse Racing, Breeding Right Out of Business
• Florida Horsemen Launch NoDecoupling.com
* Florida’s Hamilton “Downs” Relinquishes Jai Alai Pari-Mutuel Permit as Litigation Begins Over Horse-Related Pari-Mutuel Violations
* Florida and the Pharoah Impact
Media Inquiries, please contact: UnitedFloridaHorsemen@NoDecoupling.com